Belgium is a federal state covering
- 3 regions: Flanders, Wallonia and Brussels
- 3 communities: Dutch-speaking, French-speaking and German-speaking)
- 4 language areas: Dutch in Flanders, French in Wallonië, German in the German speaking community and bilingual Dutch/French in Brussels
|Flanders, one of the 3 Belgian regions, is integrated in one of the most dynamic economic areas in Central Europe, keeping its growth trend since end-2013. It’s where the heart of technology beats and inventions for the future are given birth to every day.|
More facts and figures on Belgium can be found on belgium.be
Facts and figures on Flanders
- a bustling combination of diverse people, inspiring environment and rich history.
- a mixture of knowledge, no-nonsense behaviour and non-conformity tempered with ingenuity and innovation. These traits are widespread: in industry, education, healthcare, creative economy, culture, science, technology, tourism and heritage (Bron: vlaanderen.be)
- is the Dutch-speaking northern part of Belgium and forms a social, cultural, linguistic, economical and political community. The capital of Flanders is Brussels.